Plateau Dental Care

Full and partial dentures

If you’ve lost a tooth or several teeth, your dentist may suggest you have a denture fitted to ensure you can eat normally, and that the appearance of your upper and lower jaw is maintained. The term your dentist uses for dentures is a prosthesis, and the fitting of dentures is called prosthodontics.

Dentures are very common and have been around a long time—nowadays there are many types available, and your dentist can recommend what type is right for you. Also remember, it’s a process making sure the dentures fit you perfectly—they may need adjustment at first, so make sure you tell your dentist how they’re feeling. Don’t adjust it yourself—we’re much better at adjusting dentures, and we’re more than happy to help.